Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Watch the news

I have decided that today's resolution is to watch the news for at least 30 minutes a day. It can either be CNN, fox news, the evening news, or the eleven o'clock news. I really think that now that I am older it is more responsible of me to know what is going on in the world. I always feel like I am missing things because I only watch Disney and abc family and they usually do not broadcast news! I really enjoy watching the today show but am either at the gym or not awake to watch. I also enjoy the evening news with katie couric, but am either at work or I forget it is on tv because I am watching disney or you guessed it abc family. I guess now I will settle for the the nighttime news or something on one of the news channels.

I really just want to watch the news and know what is going on in the world right than and there, not later threw a friend or facebook. This resolution may depress me a bit since I feel like the news only talks about negative things, but maybe it will give me ideas on what I wish the news would report on and maybe I could start reporting? I could have a sues corner like on glee, but it would be Amanda's corner and I wouldn't be mean!

1 comment:

JW said...

You should try something I was forced to do. When I first moved to JVille, 2 weeks ago, I didn't have cable but was able to view NBC via digital cable, its amazing how much the news is on..(before 8pm and after 11pm). Dateline, Nightly news..local news..i was surprised to find out how much i wasn't informed and how much i enjoyed it.

So try that..just take the batteries out of the remote put it on one channel (news worthy) and go from there. :D