Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Follow the creedS

Now I know when you all dread this you thought the creed, like the band(s)? And although I do enjoy one or two creed songs shamelessly that is not what my resolution is about! No no today I am resolving to follow the two creeds that I have vowed. The first creed is the Nicean Creed, a passage I say every Sunday with my Parrish congregation. I know this creed very well every Sunday but on the other days of the week I sometimes forget the words I say I believe. If I say I believe in one god, father almighty but than worship other things like money and possessions am I really believing this? Therefore, I hae decided to reexamine this faithful creed and live by it, because I know longer want to live in hypocrisy.

If you noticed in my resolution title I said creeds, as in, I live by two creeds! Obviously the first is the Niceane and the second is what actually brought up the idea for this resolution. About seven years ago I made a promise to live active, self reliant and trustworthy. I made the promise to be faithful to the ideals of my sorority Alpha Sigma Tau, and even though I no longer repeat this creed out loud every week I still think about the creed and the importance it has on my life. The creed of ast has helped me become a better person and I feel like I need to pay more attention to this creed.

Therefore, I'd have decided to start reminding myself of these creeds and will begin to live by the creeds not just say that I believe in them. I no longer want someone to ask me what I believe but be able to know automatically because of my actions!

No comments: