Friday, January 21, 2011

Fall in love

Today I went and saw the movie Country Strong, first off great movie and I really loved all the characters, but the one key point I got from the movie was the idea of love. In the movie there is a scene where Gwyenth Paltrow tells Leeghton Meester that her biggest advice is to fall in love. She goes on to say that falling in love is the greatest thing anyone can do with their life. Well she got me thinking, I really need to take that advice. It isn't like she was talking about falling in love with a man, but more the idea of falling in love with many different things. Therefore that is what I intend to do. This year I will fall in love and lots!

I plan to try new foods, new ideas and new hobbies. I want to fall in love with music, my faith, movies, dancing, friends, family, my pooch, and maybe this will be the year that i find a man to love. This reminds me of the book eat pray love, where the main character experiences life and learns to love herself and than gains the ability to love others. I also think about a class I took in college called the philosophy of love, this class really focused more on loving oneself and being able to accept the good with the ugly. I have forgotten most of the things I learned or thought I learned in that class, but I'll never forget the idea that before I can love anyone or anything first I must love myself. That is something that the main character in eat pray love had to learn and it is something that the main character in country strong never figured out. It is a really tough but simple lesson, it is something I am working on but know I will never achieve fully, it is like perfect nirvana. It is something that many great people have struggled with, great people like Kurt cobain, Janice Joplin, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, marylin Monroe, and more.

Here's to love my friends and foes, to loving life, each other and most importantly, to loving yourself!

No comments: