Monday, January 17, 2011

Stay on Budget

Today, after glorious shopping at the outlets I decided that my resolution today is to stay on budget.  I have been trying very hard to save money because I am sick of living paycheck to paycheck.  I have lots of bills to pay but think that if I just start saving a little I will be able to have money if something serious happens.  However, every time I say I am going to save I don't!  Therefore, starting now I am saving my money that I have budgeted.  I am not going to spend the money on anything, just let it sit in my account and gain interest.  I am also going to start budgeting out how much I need to spend on groceries and than fun.  Unlike the average person I do not need to spend much on Groceries because I have a meal plan with work and can eat at the cafeteria for all my meals if I plan on it, so I really only need to buy food for the pooch and snacks for me.  I really want to start eating at the cafe more often because I know it will save me money and it isn't horrible or unhealthy food, they have some great options there that I know I can eat and save money on.

I think this might be my hardest resolution yet because I LOVE SHOPPING, but I know that if I want a better future for myself I need to watch my spending!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You can do it!