Friday, January 7, 2011

Make a positive from a negative

Today I had a very rough morning. I got a phone call from a parent at my apartment causing me to not make it to breakfast And than took a noise dive in my office. Needless to say I was livid and just in a crappy mood. I even broke my resolution from the day before and cursed very loudly. So on my way to lunch with my RAs, which I never made it too, I stopped into an office to talk to a friend, telling her all about my day and she reminded me to make my negatives positive, which is what I have decided to do.

I am usually a very positive person but mostly it is about bigger picture items, not small incidents like falling on my face or missing meals. Therefore, I will now start to make positives out of anything that gets me down. Instead if waking up trying to make myself, as my friend Laffin would refer to it, in somewhat human state; I will instead wake up as a human ready to start the day. That doesn't mean that I am going to wake up and birds and deers are going to come threw my window, but I do think waking up with a smile can't be too bad.

So here is to happy mornings before my herbal tea, and to venting about my fortunes not misfortunes.

Ps: We finally got our ipads through work and I am so ferekisngiciski happy.....if you don't know what is you may want to read last nights blog. Oh and this blog was type via iPad. Holla!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you hurt your nose! Not noise!

Amanda Michele said...

Yes, darn iPad keyboard!

MicahJ'sMommy said...

Love it! That phone call was thanks to your "fantastic friend" from another blog! I love how he keeps making it :)