Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thinking before speaking

Today's resolution is to think before I speak.  I have noticed lately that I have been saying things that are either really rude or really silly and if I just thought before I let those words leave my mouth I would feel better.  I also think that by reviewing my thoughts before making them words will also allow me to slow down my speach and help with my stuttering. 

Earticles suggest that in order to improve our communication we must first acknowledge our mood and emotions, as they effect our communications skills.  I think this is a really important suggestion because I have noticed that if I have something on my mind or if I am angry about something I let those communications go towards someone else.  The article also suggests processing our words and making sure we are using them in the correct contexts.  This is something I really struggle with and I think that by processing my thoughts before speaking will allow me to actually use my words correctly. 

I know this will be a tough task but I am looking forward to the positive results I KNOW will come!!!


ezinearticles Think-Before-You-Speak

No comments: