Friday, April 29, 2011

It's a ROYAL affair

Today I awoke at 4:30am in great anticipation of the Royal Wedding!! I really didn't sleep all night because I was so excited and during the entire event I was a basket case of emotions.  I was so happy for them, but more importantly the history nerd that my parents have made me was excited to be able to witness history in the making.  I remember as a child my mother and the smartest women I know tell me how much they remember Di's wedding and thinking how glamorous that must have been.  I now understand what they went through and I really loved every minute of today's viewing.  Even though I am SO tired today, I am very happy that I watched.  I however, am pretty pissed that others have been so negative about this event.  Sure this doesn't effect me so why do I care, but why must you bash this?  It isn't something negative, it something happy that is happening in our world, which is different from our usual news.  I understand that it can be annoying because it is all anyone is talking about but I welcome this short change, because frankly I was pretty annoyed hearing about the three wars we are in and the fact that our president may or MAY not be an America (btw he is).  This wedding was a great four hour event that will like everything else die out.  I just don't know why people get so angry over something so harmless and honestly so beautiful.  They are truly in love and that is precious!

However, I am sure many of you are like okay lady what is your resolution for today!  Today is resolute to not let others opinions about silliness get to me.  I will respect their feelings about  something I enjoy or find very important. I will also resist to not break into lecture on why they too should find it important but will instead smile and say I appreciate your opinion and wish you the best!  I mean after all, isn't that what a Royal would do?  Or at least a sweet southern bell like myself would smile and say God Bless. 


No comments: