Saturday, April 16, 2011

TRADITION? But only regional?

SO today I participated in ODU's relay for life and although I found it to be really fun, it was nothing like any relay I ever been to.  When it first came time to plan Relay I thought it would be like Relays I had participated in since I was a child, but I was wrong.  It was very weird, the track was half indoors and half outdoors and more people were more worried about the booths and selling shit than really walking for cancer.  People didn't even really walk at all it was more like visit different booths and spend money.  I guess it is good for the cure but I feel that people were not really paying attention to the survivors or the cause.

However, today's resolution is to allow tradition to happen and if i feel that after a year i can help change the tradition I will offer my opinion, until than I am going to follow tradition!

Sorry my computer is crap and wont let me load a picture!

No comments: