Monday, May 2, 2011

Strawberry Wine and Watermelon Crawl

Today I was a complete bum.  I worked on some Mary Kay things and tried to get my life in gear but realized it will be a long road of Mary Kay before I actually start turning a profit.  Anyways while sitting in my sorrow of this discovery I received a fantastic text inviting me to dinner with a friend from FL who is in VA for work.  We meet up and had a wonderful dinner and really caught up.  It was so nice to hear someone with that little Florida Twang and great sunny attitude.  I really missed the positivity that Floridians bring with them to the table of life.  I am so grateful for this positivity and i have truly forgotten it!  After dinner, this friend and I went to a line dancing bar and it was just like stepping into Plant City Fl.  It was a blast but it was even more fun to be with someone who loves the southern life and truly loves to express her sweet southern bell self.

Today's resolution is to make a greater effort to be friends with this old/new friend.  I really enjoyed hanging with her and it was like we haven't missed a beat, even though I haven't seen her in two years!  She is an outstanding friend and I am glad that God has given me a second chance to be a friend with her.  She is such a God love, sweet person and I will now be referring to her as the Southern Bell.  I am truly happy that God encouraged us to be friends because it was the best time I have ever had in Norfolk!

No comments: