Sunday, April 3, 2011

Give thanks where thanks shall be given!!!

I have realized that sometimes I do not say thank you to people who are truly amazing and inspirational to me and my life.  I have met some amazing people while living here in Norfolk, Virginia.  One of them is the best Choir director around.  She has so amazing, caring and a great inspiration.  Today she gave me a wonderful CD, out of the kindness of her heart, because she knew I wanted the CD but they were sold out.  I told her thank you a million times when she handed me the CD but I feel it is not enough.

I also have the BESTEST friend who sent me a beautiful LARGE box full of goodies on Friday and I am so truly grateful and I feel i need to let her know how much i care.

Therefore, one of my resolutions is to go a little old school and start writing Thank you notes to those I am thankful to.  I remember as a younger teen I had a friend whose mom use to write me and my mom thank you notes for helping her and her family out.  If my mom or I had my friend over for a weekend of fun, or took them to an event her mom would send a card the next day thanking us for our hospitality.  It made my mom eyes light up every time she got that card, it wasn't something she expected but instead something that she found refreshing and pleasant.  I am one who always finds it important to surprise the people I care about with gifts of love and such.  I one time bought a friend something and she was so ungrateful about it.  She questioned why I had purchased such gift (even though it was just something silly and really worth nothing monetarily, I had purchased it because it reminded me of her and I cared.) She even seem livid that I had the audacity to purchase something for her, like I was crazy.  it really made me feel bad and i was so unsure why she was so taken back.  I had done similar behavior for others in the past, I love buying random things for people, especially if they are inside jokes or surprises.  I love for others to be unexpected and truly grateful.  I thought about the feeling i get when someones eyes light up because i have given them something unexpected and i thought I need to return that feeling with thank you notes!

Therefore, I will from now on be writing thank you notes to those who have touched my life and deserve to know that I am thankful for everything they do for me spiritually, emotionally, physically, monetary etc. 

THANK YOU!!!!!

No comments: