Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Guten Nacht

Last night I got some really sad news.  My favorite person in the entire world passed away, my Great Aunt Carmen died at a nice old age and no one from my family knew until about two weeks after.  We had no idea she was sick and when she passed my mom was attemptedly contacted but because since she SUCKS at answering the phone we found out yesterday.  This makes me so sad, I really wish I could have been there to be with her or at least say good bye.  I don't really know what life is like with out her, she was a very key staple in my family after my grandfathers death and it will be hard to have advent and not miss that German candy.  After thinking about this I decided on today's resolution. 

Today I will start calling my older family members more.  I have forgotten how much I miss them but also how they will some day no longer be with me.  I really need to stay in better contact with these people as they are the ones who know my past.  I really wish I was in better contact with Aunt Carmen, she was such an amazing woman.  I will miss her truly! Rest in Peace my dear Omi and these goldbarens are for you!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I will miss her to! And she did have history for us!