Thursday, April 7, 2011

This is ALARMING!

So today, 5 set alarms later, I finally arose from bed and allowed myself to become a productive member of society. I have been having the hardest time waking up in the morning lately, really ever since that awful day called DAY LIGHT SAVINGS (BTW DLS KISS MY ASS).  I will set my alarm for a decent time, allowing me the 8 hours of sleep needed plus giving me enough time to walk the pooch on a long walk and shower and puss around until work at 900am.  HOWEVER, recently I have been sleeping in very late and causing myself to rush before work!  I don't even have time to brush the mop or put on the face!  It has been awful!  Now I do wake up with out my alarm but usually i just turn over and go back to sleep!  I know that most people are suppose to not need an alarm if they are getting enough sleep and I think thats GREAT for them, but I'd sleep till like 1pm if I didnt have an alarm, even if I went to be at 8pm.  I love to sleep, i could sleep all day! 

I also think that those tv shows that show families eating breakfast all happy like a family and doing all this stuff before they start their work and school day, THOSE DON'T EXISTS!!! I mean really I can't possibly imagine that ever happening in my house!  When I was a mini me my morning consisted of me getting up, getting ready for school, watching my mom curl her hair, listening to 106.5 radio and finally going downstairs to practice my piano while we waiting for my Aunt to drop off my cousins  and more importantly my mom's coffee.  I usually ate the left out pb and J toast sandwich Sissy made me before she headed to the dental office and if I was lucky I watched some early morning cartoons or TV because my mom wasn't paying attention and I got away with out practicing for a concert I would ultimately SUCK at!  I hated mornings at my house, I always felt so rushed, even in high school I had to be ready by a certain time so we beat traffic....ug it was tiring and it caused me to be a very stressful little 12 year old! 


Now mind you, I am not a grouch in the morning, I actually am a pleasant person all times of the day (well except in the wee hours of the night, i am getting a bit old and after 4am I feel it is time for sleep!) but I do think it is just impractical for others to think that real life consists of what is shown, because my life was real, not that abc family crap!

ANYWAYS!!!!

My resolution today is only use ONE alarm and to actually get up with said alarm!  i will no longer push SNOOZE or wait till the last possible second.  I know why I need to get up and I need to do it!  i will arise when my alarm goes off and start my day.  I really wish I had some magical birds, mice and a deer to help with this day starting but I guess the pooch will do! 


No comments: