Friday, February 4, 2011

Not feel so guilty

So TodayI felt like DEATH!!!! I have the worst ear ache ever and I know I already blogged about not being a bitch when sick and tired, but it was so hard today!!!!  I decided there was no way I would make it into work before one and I was going to call out half a day sick, praying the ear drops I got would make my life better.  I emailed my boss at 6:00am because I was awake in pain and told her I wouldnt be in till noon.  I emailed my class and canceled and even let my student staff know not to expect me till noon, than went back to sleep!  At 9:00am i got a phone call from the office telling me i need to meet an officer at my front desk.  I was still asleep and very confused, but asked for ten minutes and got myself up and ready.  After meeting with the officer I emailed my boss again and my student staff and retracted my email saying never mind im up and already at work ignore my taking off because fate wont let me! I was so pissed that I was called out while sick, but I know that with my job it is expected, but I than I felt guilty for trying to call in sick.

I have always been taught that the only time you can be sick is if you are near death or dead.  My mother, and her crazy ways, put the ethical code of no blood, no puke, no fever above 100 =SCHOOL, and now as an adult I take this code and change school for work.  I usually never call out and the one time I tried to it didn't work, i had to go in anyways, but my resolution today is to not feel guilty about trying to take care of myself.  I mean my work provides me sick days so I use them and get myself healthy and better right?   It is just tough to actually live where I work and not feel guilty!

Here is to feeling better, the ear still aches but I think it is either a. moving to my tonsils or b. healing better! 

2 comments:

JW said...

hmm, so is there a resolution here? LOL! jk, i use to sham off as you are well aware (i dont want to go in..so dont then)..now im putting work in the forefront (given i dont have a family and lover etc.) So, you shouldn't feel guilty for taking the alloted time off if your actually sick, your 1. allowing to get better to be at work sooner than later. 2. protecting your co-workers/office from your potentially spreadably sickness 3. i find that im not as productive if im sickly..
So, rest up, and OD on some OJ..thats what i do..but idk about ear aches..im not a doctor :)

Anonymous said...

GO TO THE DOCTORS>>>>STOP PLAYING AROUND WITH YOUR EARS>>>>THEY ARE IMPORTANT PART OF YOU BODY!!!!