Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Little less convestation a little more action

Today I received the BEST card I have ever gotten in the mail.  It was totally unexpected and came from a friend (the bestest) that I pretty much talk to through text, facebook and sometimes on the phone DAILY!!! I was so shocked to receive this letter but it made me so happy and I even shed a little tear of joy. 

I wasn't happy to hear from the bestest because I always talk to her, but more because it was something less expected.  In her letter she reminded me of the importance to walk away from the computer every once and a while and write a letter of love and appreciation.  Even though I am sure an email with the same statements would have made me happy, this letter brought tears to my eyes and helped me realize that if anything at least one person in this HUGE universe loves me.  I immediately turned to my computer to shoot her an email of thanks and praise, I even considered texting my enthusiasm, but then I thought about her message and her letter and decided to return the favor with a letter myself.  Sure by blogging this I am ruining the surprise (yes she reads my blog, sometimes she comments) but I am sure when she receives my token of love she will feel what I felt, happiness. 

Today's resolution is to communicate more through human contact and less through technology, my resolution is to also start writing more letters.  I did well with this at Christmas time, but there should none holidays that I send love to others!!! So if you want some love, send me your address!!!

1 comment:

JW said...

I remember living in Arizona and not having but facebook and random medias for connection..but nothing compares to a nice written letter with postage attached..it just shows the time it took to show someone you care about them..friendship or otherwise.

Ill message you my address for security purposes on these interwebs...Letters, Gifts, & Packages..all great ways to make life meaningful.