Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Every time you say you dont believe in fairies, a fairy dies...

Today has just been a crazy day.  I woke up with the WORST headache of my life at 530am and after taking some meds I have felt nothing but dizzy all day.  I have been crazy working trying to complete my todo list but it keeps getting larger and larger!!! However, this is not what my resolution today is about....today's resolution is to be a fairy of sweet goodness. 


 Today I was getting ready for work and as I went to pick out what heels to wear I noticed a nice pair of black stilettos that are a tad too small for my gorilla feet.  I thought you know I NEVER wear these shoes and they just sit and collect dust in my lovely closet, I should give them to someone who will get use out of them.  So I got dressed, grabbed the shoes and head to the office to give the shoes to the queen of stilettos herself.  I had mentioned a day or so ago that I had these shoes for her to try on, but we never got around to it so I thought she would expect me to bring them by, but when I got to her office she was in a meeting.  At first i considered coming back later but after laziness set in i figured I'll just leave her a note and see what she says.  The note read something about the shoe fairy coming to visit and leaving these in return and if she liked them they are hers! 

Well not only did she love the shoes, she was so grateful and between me and you bloggers I am pretty sure I got some awesome brownie points!!!!  However, I really don't care about the brownie points, i just felt awesome to surprise a person with a thoughtful present.  So my resolution is to do at least one thoughtful act for someone a week.  I think this will not only help with my Karma but will just make me feel better.  I love being a giver, in college I use to give things to people all the time (and no i don't mean chlamydia, there is treatment for that).  I also think it is a circular action because just as I gave the Queen of Stilettos her new pair of beauties I opened up a package from a past sweet friend.  I knew that he was sending me the mean girls movie but I thought it was to borrow, however instead he bought me a brand new copy and had it sent to me...such an amazing friend!!!!

I am so blessed!

1 comment:

JW said...

Karma is one of my biggest beliefs..you do something good it will come back to you..(not in that order necessarily and not with those intentions).

Sometimes all we may get back is a thank you or that warm feeling knowing that we did something good for someone else (like pay it forward).

But im glad you have the movie now..it was really nothing, glad i could brighten your day.