Friday, February 25, 2011

DOn't Stop BeFRIENDING?

This morning I woke up from the weirdest dream ever!  It involved friends from my past, and it created lots of emotions for me when I awoke.  I first missed some of those friends and wondered why I was dreaming about them, I really haven't talked to them in years!  However, I think the emotions created were from the fact that recently when I dream of these friends I am always trying to resolve our current conflict.  Do you think this is my mind telling me it is time to resolve the conflict and move on?  When I was in college, many moons, ago I learned that it is important to always finish any unresolved business and I try to live by this, but I just do not feel I am ready to resolve this, nor do I think my resolution will be received or worth my while. 

My other delimma is WHY oh WHY can't I move past this issue?  I have some amazing new friends here in Nofolk, friends that I can see myself being friends with for a very long time, but I still can't help but worry about what I did wrong to lose the friendships i had before.  I mean was I wearing rose color glasses with these past relationships and now have taken them off?  I mean how does someone go from being my Hetersexual LIFE PARTNER to someone that possibly may send me a Christmas Card, but that's it, it just baffles me! 

So today's resolutions is this:  I will NO longer allow myself to get worked up about these lost friends but I will also not side idol and blame myself for these broken relationships.  I will cherish the relationships I have now with either my new friends or past friends who are amazing and still cherish my company.  I will allow myself my miss these friends but will try very hard to no longer be bitter about our end.  I will STOP referring to them as the devil, mean girls of my ex-friends, because I obviously still care! 

On a happier note, I really love my friends here in Norfolk, they make me laugh, smile and are truly AMAZING PEOPLE!! Especially my Hair Soul mate, the neatest friend in Norfolk, the queen of shoes and my work out partner of crime!!!!

Happy FriDAY!

3 comments:

JW said...

Wanted to let you I appreciate your following and reading of my blog. I hope to reach others too but at least someone listens.
It really means alot.
Im glad we can relate on these issues in our young-adult lives.
I wish I could say im in the same boat, but i have yet to make new friends here so im still wrapped up mentally (and in my dreams) on my other friends and "ex" friends. etc.

But i do hope you and I can work together to get through these life struggles and growing pains.

Keep the blog going, your an inspiration and what keeps me going day to day.

PS: random memory, remember when you were on duty and i would have to sneak the back way out of Marmion/Snyder to avoid security and go right back up after he had left?! lol..thought you might like that ;)

angela said...

my dearest love amanda,
this is a great resolution as everyone should just move on and not dwell on the past. you are the amazing person you are today because of these "lost" friends so remember that.

p.s. i think when you dream about those in your past that means something new is going to enter your life, though im not 100% on it

Peggy Whiting said...

I love this post. I'm going to add don't dwell to mine. I am the worst when it comes to that. I dwell on everything. I definitely dwell on lost friendships too.It totally brings me down.

P.S. Jay- I don't know you, but I am the strange, unknown person that is now following your blog too.