Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends!

Today I was thinking what would be a good resolution for the first day of February.  Of course I thought LOVE, but than I was like eh I already did the love everything resolution and I am not falling in love with a man to write about romantic love, but than I thought what about the love of my friends.  I have some really great friends. 


I have friends that I have had forever.  Ones that I have known before I even cared about what people thought about me, these are friends that know all about my family, my background, my hopes and my dreams.  These are what one would call the bestest friends I'll ever have and they are the best friends I am lucky to know.  I know that I am truly blessed to have these friends because they put up with me when I am at my worst and support me at my best.  They are my friends even when I say I call and never do, or continually think their birthday is the day before or after the correct day (sorry again Sugarblo, I swear I'll get it right before we are 40).  I am so lucky to have these friends and I thank God daily for them!

 


The next group of friends I am very grateful for are my friends from college.  They are friends that held my hair back as I hurled up a hot dog and nickle beers from the bowling alley.  They are friends that will stay up with me till the dead of night just to make sure everything is alright and they are the types of friends that I share some of the most exciting times of my life with.  I owe these friends my up most respect for helping me grow.  They have helped me grow into an active, self-reliant and trustworthy woman and I will always be anchored to the bond we have in friendship. 
 


My third group of friends are the ones I have recently made with in the past couple years, they are the ones that touch my heart through life experiences.  Ones that know exactly how to make me laugh when my day is driving me down.  They are the ones that have held me responsible for my resolutions, who read them daily because they not only enjoy my whit and charm but also find it as a way to get to know me better.  These new friends have been a life saver to my self esteem, my health and my personal well-being.  I am truly grateful that I have been given the chance to meet these friends, because I know that some of them will be life long friends. 



Now I have learned that some friends come and stay forever and that others come fast and leave just as fast, but I am pretty sure that either way I have meet some outstanding people who have changed my life and made me a better person. 

So today's resolution is to appreciate my friends more.  To call those who I haven't talked to lately and to send more personal affection to those that I cherish, I need to give back the love to those who love me. 

1 comment:

JW said...

...your welcome..

:D