Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sorry I cannot hear you I'm kinda busy

So yesterday I went to hang out with a friend and on the way to the event we were going to I got a phone call.  I hadn't talked to the person that was calling in forever and we were planning a trip so I felt I should take the call but I also felt rude talking on the phone with someone else driving in the car. Later that night after our event on the way home something similar happened again and I again took the call because I wanted to chat with the person. After hanging up I apologized to the friend and stated that I hate taking phone calls when I am with someone else because I feel rude.  Well this person told me that she was shocked to hear me say this because I always talk on the phone to other people with her.  She basically made me feel like I as being a hyprocrite and she called me out, and I guess in all terms I was so I have decided that my resolution today is to not be rude and stick to my not answering the phone when with someone else rule. 

I have decided that from now on I will be present with the people I am with and only answer my telephone if it is a work related call that I know I must answer (sorry etiquette but ODU requires me to answers sometimes).  I will no longer allow someone to give me the hypocritical stare and judge me, so I will live by my states beliefs, I have integrity and one with integrity does NOT live a hypocritical life!!  Sorry if I don't answer when you call, but leave me a message and when I am free I will call you back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better answer when I call......