Thursday, March 31, 2011

branch out tree of life!

Now many of you may be shocked when you read this, but sometimes I am not the most outgoing soul!  I tend to first observe my surroundings, take in the company of people and determine my role.  Now if I am in an environment that I have been in before, or have a sense of power in I am usually very outgoing, goofy and up lifting, but if I am in an environment were I feel subordinate I can sometimes play the softer spoke, even cynical role! 

I noticed myself today being more of the shut off person at my conference.  I am attending a national conference for sexual assault on campus, and am surrounded by very knowledgeable individuals.   Therefore, I have not be very open or talkative to those sitting around me that i may not know and I feel that I am defeating the networking point of the conference.  I have decided after observing myself, that I will no longer allow my shut off side to come out and instead be outgoing and fun.  I may not know as much as others but I am still a pretty BANGING person!

No comments: