Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Enjoy my vacation!

Today is officially day FOUR of my spring break vacation and I am at work!  I have such a hard time leaving my to-do list on the desk and walking away.  I know it will be easier once I go to NYC (mostly because it will be hard to do work on my work computer when I am like 4 states away) but I feel that I mentally can't leave work at work!  I am trying to just not think about the TONS of things I must accomplish and enjoy my days off but I think it is tough when I a.  live where I work, b. check my emails on the MULTIPLE electronic things I own and c. know that once I return next Monday I will have 1000000 things to accomplish!  I feel like maybe I am being proactive spending this non-interruptive time working but maybe i am also wasting my vacation!

Therefore today, right now, this is the last time I will think about work!  I will go and enjoy my vacation knowing that 1. others can handle a crisis if it occurs, 2. I am suppose to be off and if I am thinking about work I am wasting my well earned vaca days and 3. I am serving myself NO purpose by worrying about work!  It will get done when it gets done and the world will not end.  Sure if i was like the president of the USA maybe taking a vaca and not working would be tough but i am the Resident hall Director, I am pretty sure I can take a couple days off and the world would be hardly effected!  Here's to a GREAT vacation!

No comments: