Monday, March 14, 2011

Pack better-This isn't Kansas anymore!

Today I went to NYC-the concrete jungle where dreams are made of- and it was POURING!!

As the smartest kid on the block I of course packed clothes that are suitable for Norfolk, well really Florida, and didn't not consider that good ole NYC has a different weather climate.  I didn't even check the weather to see that had been raining there for days!  Nope instead I packed leggings, tunics, some sweaters and ballerina shoes!!!  Well good news is I wore none of that and instead borrowed (thanks to an amazing lawyer friend) a hoodie, a long sleeve shirt and jeans.  However, due to the laws of nature and large feet I could not borrow shoes leaving me freezing in the pouring rain ballerina shoes!  I was mortified by my stupidity but more importantly I was FREEZING!!!!!!!!

Therefore, I now resolute that I will no longer leave the house with out knowing what I am getting myself into.   Sure it may be spring here in Norfolk, but in other parts of the country it is still winter (or summer, F U Floridians).  I will have to plan accordingly and know what to bring.  I have enough clothes (minus a nice jacket, like pea-coat) to last me all seasons, and if I just lost some weight I'd have enough clothes to last me MULTIPLE personality seasons!!!

I am so silly and I have NO ONE to blame but myself for my horribly poor planning!!!

UG! I need rain boots!

No comments: