Friday, March 25, 2011

Dress to IMPRESS!!

So i am very lucky at my job that I can really wear whatever I want to work.  However, I always go by the rule of thumb "What I am wearing is presentable enough that if called to the VP office I could go immediately"!  I am so glad I live by this rule because today I got introduced to the NEW VP of Student Engagement and Development and luckily I was dressed very nicely in slack pants and a nice top, with heels.  For those who may know I usually am rocking the flippy floppys and jeans, but have recently wanted to step up my game, in hopes that I be taken more seriously!  I am so glad I dressed up! 

So my resolution today is to dress to impress for work everyday.  I really am hoping to dress nice enough that I will no longer be treated like a college students (because I AM NOT ONE) and more like a professional faculty member.  I have decided to sport around in my nice clothes and heels and hopefully when I meet someone important I will be dressed professionally!  Now that doesnt mean that I wont be taking advantage of casual blue Fridays, because I fully intent on sticking to my jeans and blue shirts on Friday in honor of ODU, but every other work day I will be rocking it in style!

No comments: