Monday, March 14, 2011

Not Lent-ing up on my Lenten obligations

Today I went to Ash Wednesday Mass, a mass that although isn't required by the catholic church as a holy day of obligation is still a very popular day to attend.  I had a great time and the church was PACKED!!! I thought maybe this was common but later father told us (the choir) that he had never seen so many people, we must be giving out Gold Ashes!  However, this is not what my resolution is about so I will move on to the main topic! 

Since today is the beginning of Lent I have decided to make my resolution to keep my Lenten obligations.  These obligations include going to church twice a week, attend confession more,  keeping my Lenten promise of giving up my worries about counting calories and thinking about my actions more and how it reflects on my spiritual relationship with God.  I plan on using this Lenten season to really connect with my faith and I am extremely excited!!!

No comments: