Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I climbed Stone Mountain....OUCHY!

So today I was given the privleage to climb STONE MOUNTAIN (I will give you a chance to google).  It was a VERY steep mountain and there were times that I was almost sure I saw the LIGHT...you know the big LIGHT!!!  I felt so bad because I am SO out of shape and climbing that thing made me huff and puff A LOT!!!! I also felt horrible when this man who was like 80 ran past me in kakis and told me he climbs the mountain for times a week...for times...I hate my life!!!  The only amusing part of climbing was the great new friends with me and the fact that the entire time in my head I was singing "The Climb" (see video below). 

Anyways, the conference is going amazing, and it is really giving me hope about my profession and my future.  I think I have some great ideas and great ways to move up and be a better professional and person.  Today we had round table discussions and a panel and it really opened my eyes up to the things I need to accomplish to move up in my field. 

Therefore, today's resolution is to be published at least ONCE before 2011 ends!!!

Have trails followers of hope!!

No comments: