Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Be the WORLD'S best pen pal!!!!

So one of my bestest soulmates, Algore (Not her real name I swear), is in Afganistan.  We have been friends since the 6th grade, and even though we have both changed and grown a part, she is still the only person I can truly tell the absolutely truth to and know she will be brutely honest, helpful and not judgemental.  She was there for me when my parents were having their issues, when boys broke my heart and when I realized growing up was harder to do then expected. 

When she told me that she was joining the Air Force, I was so happy for her but I was also SO scared.  She is the only person I am close to that is in the military and the effects of this war didn't really hit home until she told me she was going to Afganistan.  She is a nurse for all of the injured soldiers and a hero! 

Today she chatted with me on facebook and I decided I need to keep in contact!! She gave me her address and we laughed about the time we were pen pals (our freshman year of college, she was in Indiana at Perdue and I was in Florida at St Leo).  We were experencing so many different things but still connected.  We laughed about the jokes we had and then she told me that she missed us being pen pals and I agreed.  I wished we never stopped! 


So today's resolution is to be the world's best pen pal, to the best nurse in the Air Force!!!  I MISS YOU
ALGORE and I know you will make it home safe to us!!!

No comments: